Date : February 14, 2018 - February 28, 2018 Status : Close/Tutup
The Government of Indonesia is setting up a government-sponsored exploration drilling program in partnership with the World Bank under the Geothermal Energy Upstream Development Project (GEUDP). PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (PT SMI) will be the implementing agency for the program based on the assignment from The Ministry of Finance of The Republic of Indonesia. From the technical point of view, The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (Ditjen EBTKE and Badan Geologi) will take part actively in the program. The project will be funded by Clean Technology Fund (CTF) and Global Environment Facility (GEF) administered by The World Bank and Infrastructure Financing for Geothermal Sector (Pembiayaan Infrastruktur Sektor Panas Bumi) administered by PT SMI.
PT SMI will establish a project management unit (PMU) based in Jakarta to assist the implementation agencies in project implementation. To support this project and build the organizational, PT SMI is inviting candidates who possess relevant education background, experience and competencies to join our PMU Team for position:
The Site Manager will report to the Exploration Project Manager based in Jakarta and will be responsible for following duties:
- Overall manager in charge of the site with respect to Safety, Environmental Issues, Government Relations, Community Relations, Industrial Relations and any other necessary external relations..
- Responsible of the management of site support services including accommodation, site procurement, transportation, communications, security, administration and financial services.
- Responsible for the maintenance of site support services, well pads and access roads, which are not currently occupied by the drilling contractor, with the support of the civil construction supervisory team.
- Oversee the construction process and responsible for the management of construction and drilling labor camps, with the support of contractor site representative.
- Responsible for warehouse management in the laydown area of any SMI owned materials and equipment
- Implementation of SMI’s site safety, health and environmental policies and the Environmental & Social Management Plan (ESMP).
- As Kepala Teknik Panas Bumi – Responsible legally for the project site during drilling and reporting to EBTKE. The Site Manager must complete this course immediately upon appointment if he/she has not already done.
- Establishing and running the Community Grievance Redress System, and, in particular, acting as the first point of contact for any community raised complaints or issues and for subsequent resolution of such issues.
- Acting as a first point of contact for any recruitment of local staff on behalf of SMI or any site contractors.
- Preparation, in association with the Exploration Management Team, of a Traffic Management Plan, and subsequent operation of that plan in coordination with local police.
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project (or a package), ensuring that the project’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs.
- Liaising with the PMU, other construction professionals and, sometimes, members of the public (MEMR and Local Government).
- Coordinating and supervising construction workers.
- Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
- Checking and preparing site reports.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up.
- Assessing and minimizing the project risk.
- Helping to negotiating contracts and securing permits and licenses for the construction of access road / infrastructure and drilling activities.
- The Site Manager will be mainly based at project site (Waesano, West Manggarai, East Nusa Tenggara) with necessary travelling to Jakarta with regard to his/her task.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor degree from reputable university in any engineering study are welcome to apply, having a Master Degree will be an advantage. Education background from geothermal and/or oil and gas will be preferable.
- A minimum 15 (fifteen) years of experience in the relevant field or projects of geothermal and oil/gas. Experience in geothermal and/or oil and gas drilling are preferable.
- Having a certificate of “Kepala Teknik Panas Bumi” course would be an advantage.
- Having a certification on Geothermal Operation Supervisor or “Pengawas Operasional Panas Bumi” is preferable.
- Having a course certificate in relevant subjects include, surveying and civil engineering, construction engineering management, geothermal and/or oil and gas drilling management will be an advantage.
- Particularly strong people skills, able to communicate with, manage and motivate people at all levels, from staff to sub-contractors.
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary activities and in an intercultural setting.
- Able to plan work well, and to be well organized, and prepared for responsibility and decision-making.
- In common with many other construction industry jobs, site manager will also need to be highly numerate with good IT skills, as well as good at solving problems.
- Ability to read, speak and write excellent English and Bahasa, and produce reports in English and Bahasa for regular and continuous presentations to World Bank staff.
- High level of computer literacy, including Word and Excel.
Please note that applications may not be reviewed if received after 28th February 2018. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted on the next step.