Request for Expressions of Interest: Environmental and Social Safeguard Consultant
Geothermal Resource Risk Mitigation (GREM)
||2021-09-10 - 2021-09-27
Project ID: GEF Grant Number TF0A4086 and CTF Grant Number TF0A4089
Assignment Title: Environmental and Social Safeguard Consultant
. (As per Procurement Plan): FC3
The Ministry of Finance, Government of Indonesia, through PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (PT SMI) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Geothermal Resource Risk Mitigation (GREM), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
PT SMI, acting as the responsible agency of the Geothermal Resource Risk Mitigation (GREM) funded by The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“the Bank”), currently seek for Interested and Eligible Consultant (“Consultant”) particularly Consulting Services for Environmental and Social Safeguard Consultant (“the Services”).
The objective of the consultancy service is to support PT SMI in ensuring a successful implementation of complete transaction cycle of the debt packages under the GREM Facility that comply with applicable ESMF. The scope of work under this assignment has the following five tasks:
- Support the Preparation of Safeguards Instruments during Funding Application;
- Screening, Review and Clearance of Safeguards Instruments during Funding Approval;
- Implementation and Monitoring;
- Capacity Building
PT SMI now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. Interested consultants must provide sufficient information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services such as brochures/company profile, description of similar assignments (including location/country, name of the Employer/Client, type of services provided, period of contract, contract amount, starting and completion dates) and availability of appropriate skills among permanent staff, The shortlisting criteria shall be based on the information furnished by the firms in regard to the following:
- Completion of at least five (5) ESIA studies to UKL-UPL and AMDAL requirements, at least two of which should have been to international funding agency standards, during the past ten (10) years;
- Experience with environmental and social assessment, mitigation and management, and due diligence for geothermal and/or oil & gas projects;
- At least five (5) years’ overall experience in Indonesia working on similar assignments including ESIA, AMDAL, UKL-UPL and LARAP preparation. Preferably experience in preparing IPP;
- The firm should be qualified and experienced in the planning and implementation of a range of social development programs, and significant experience in resettlement and land acquisition programs in Indonesia, including preparing at least 2 LARAP in the last ten (10) years to international funding agency standards;
- Familiarity with World Bank Operation Manual procedures and Indonesian regulations on environmental and social aspects of project development.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing (IPF) Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Project Financing for Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services” dated July 2016, revised on November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications. In case of an association, the EOI must explicitly specify whether the association is in the form of a Joint Venture (all members jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment), or Sub-consultancy. In case of joint venture, the member firm appointed to represent the joint venture must be clearly identified. Only the qualifications and experience of members of joint venture, but not of sub-consultants, shall be considered in the EOI evaluation process
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information or clarification on REoI can be obtained via email to GREM_procurement@ptsmi.co.id
or at the address mentioned below during office hours [08.30 to 17.00 Indonesia Standard Time
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below through mail (hardcopy) or by e-mail (softcopy) by September 27th
, 2021 (16.00 hours Indonesia Standard Time).
Jakarta, September 10th
Cipto Adi Utomo
Kepala Divisi Umum dan Pengadaan
PT SARANA MULTI INFRASTRUKTUR (PERSERO)
Sahid Sudirman Center, 47th Floor Jl. Jend. Sudirman No. 86 Jakarta 10220, Indonesia
Tel: +62 (21) 8082 5288
Fax: +62 (21) 8082 5258
Download Terms of Reference here
Back to Procurement