Geothermal Energy Upstream Development Project (GEUDP)
Project ID: GEF Grant TF0A4086
Consulting Services for Legal Consultants to Prepare Land Use Agreements Used in Providing Geothermal Data and Information located in Wae Sano, East Nusa Tenggara.
1. Provisioning Geothermal Data and Information is one of the breakthrough efforts undertaken by the Government of Indonesia in order to accelerate the development of renewable energy sourced from the geothermal energy which is regulated under Minister of Finance Regulation No. 62 / PMK.08 / 2017 stipulating Geothermal Infrastructure Financing Fund (Pengelolaan Dana Pembiayaan Infrastruktur Sektor Panas Bumi
at PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (“PT SMI
“). The first project to be implemented is the facilitation of providing geothermal data and information in Wae Sano which is proposed by the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (MEMR) to the Ministry of Finance through MEMR’s letter no: 9553/03/ MEM.E/2017 pertaining Proposed Location of Geothermal Data and Information Provision Activities.
2. In this regards, PT SMI is currently carrying out various preparation steps including those relating to the fulfillment of licenses and land acquisition. Land acquisition is needed to meet the requirements on the provision of geothermal data and information including construction of well pad, access roads, lay down areas, water treatment plants and transmissions and waste treatment plants. The land acquisition can be carried out by land-purchasing or land-leasing mechanisms. In order to implement good project governance including the land use process, due diligence and the making of good legal documents need to be carried out based on best practices and applicable regulations. Regarding this matter, PT SMI seeks for interested and qualified Legal Consultants (“Consultants
“) to assist the Project Management Unit (PMU) in conducting land-leasing activities with land owners in the proposed drilling area (“Services
“). Such Services is needed so that the drilling activities can be done.
3. The Consultant are now invited to express their interest in providing the Services by submitting company profile along with the required qualifications and relevant experiences (“Expression of Interest
”). Such experience includes information pertaining number of project (maximum 10) demonstrates experiences on: (1) conducting due diligence process on land ownership and control ; (2) drafting legal agreements on land use; (3) assisting the project company/project owner in regard to the legal aspects of land use needed in the upstream industry and/or infrastructure; and (4) carry out the land use process with leasing and buy-and-sell scheme. (form expressing list of relevant experience can be access here
). Consultant may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
4. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on Consultants’ Qualifications (CQS) as stipulated in Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011, revised July 2014)
(“Bank Procurement Guidelines
”). The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the Bank Procurement Guidelines setting forth the Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
5. The Expressions of Interest containing information as described in para. 3 must be received in a written form or by email as described below no later than Tuesday, 4 December 2018 at 3pm
”). Consultants are required to register their firm as our potential suppliers by accessing the e-procurement portal
. When the Consultant has been registered as our potential supplier, then the company profile as mentioned on para.3 is an optional. Further correspondence is available overtime during national working days from 9am until Submission Deadline.
Cipto Adi Utomo
Head of Procurement Committee
PT SARANA MULTI INFRASTRUKTUR (PERSERO)
Sahid Sudirman Center, 47th Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman No. 86 Jakarta 10220, Indonesia
Tel: +62 (21) 8082 5288
Fax: +62 (21) 8082 5258